In this delicious blueberry banana bread recipe, you can enjoy a moist, delicious loaf of sweet banana bread that is filled with juicy blueberries and makes a wonderful treat for any occasion. This is one of the most delicious and easy to make snacks or desserts that you can find, and you can freeze it for later use as well.
I find that there is something about banana bread that makes it even better when you add blueberries to the mix from time to time, and at the end of the day, you have a delicious treat that you will love sharing with your family and friends for years to come.
Banana bread is made even more delicious when blueberries are added to it, adding a unique flavor and texture to it.Using this combination of flavors will be sure to make your taste buds tingle with delight as you enjoy every bite.
As well as providing a great deal of antioxidants and other nutrients, blueberries are also an excellent source of fiber, making them a great addition to a banana bread recipe.Feel guilt-free when you indulge in this delicious treat!
In spite of the fact that this recipe for blueberry banana bread follows most of the same steps as most other banana bread recipes, there are a few important differences that make a big difference in how the final product turns out. The recipe contains an abundance of fresh blueberries, as well as a generous amount of yogurt in order to provide an additional source of moisture. This recipe can also be made with frozen blueberries instead of fresh blueberries, however, you will most likely notice a color change in the batter due to the blueberries melting into the batter as they are added.
It is recommended that you toss the blueberries in a little flour before adding them to the batter in order to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the bread.
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled (the riper, the better)
- 2 eggs
- ½ c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ c. wheat flour
- 1 c. blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas until creamy, leaving some small lumps throughout.
- Add eggs and combine thoroughly.
- Add yogurt, honey, vanilla extract, and baking soda to banana-egg mixture, and combine thoroughly.
- Add wheat flour and again combine thoroughly.
- Gently fold blueberries into batter.
- Grease bottom and sides of a standard size loaf pan.
- Add prepared batter to greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the baked bread in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.