- 1/3 c. water
- Half an avocado, cut into pieces
- ¼ c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Half of a green bell pepper, chopped
- Half of a red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ onion, chopped
- 1 c. spinach
- 1/6 to 1/3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 egg whites (or 2 whole eggs – yolks and whites – if preferred)
- Optional Toppings: Chopped tomato and/or chopped fresh parsley
In a blender, combine water, avocado, Greek yogurt, and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
1. Over medium to medium-high heat, heat a frying pan with approximately 1 tsp. olive
2. Add bell peppers and onion to pan, and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
3. Add spinach and cheddar cheese, and continue to sauté until spinach has reduced.
4. Remove from heat, set aside, and cover pan with lid to keep filling warm.
1. In a medium fry pan, heat 1 tsp. oil on medium to medium-high heat.
2. Beat together 3 egg whites (or 2 whole eggs instead, if preferred).
3. Pour beaten egg whites (or whole eggs) into heated pan/oil.
4. Cook eggs for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip to other side with a spatula.
5. Cook for another ½ to 1 minute, until eggs are firm.
6. Transfer cooked eggs to a serving plate.
7. Add bell pepper/onion/spinach/cheese filling and roll omelet up burrito-style.
8. Top with avocado sauce. If desired, sprinkle with chopped tomatoes and/or chopped fresh parsley.
You won’t be disappointed with this fluffy and delicious omelet. It is greatly enhanced by the addition of vegetables. The vegetables add flavor and texture to the omelet. You can also experiment with different fillings, such as cheese, ham, or mushrooms.
My favorite breakfast has quickly become this omelet dish. It’s a quick and easy way to get a healthy start to my day. I recommend giving it a try!
This tasty omelet only requires a few simple ingredients.
To start your day off right, try this egg white omelet recipe. Healthy, hearty, filling, and loaded with fresh vegetables, this dish is a must-try. You can also make it quickly and easily!