Not only do little kids love these hot dog bun pizzas, but they will also love them at your next tailgate party if you serve them to the big kids as well.
It is true that there are two foods that my kids will always eat no matter what…one of them is pizza, and the other one is hotdogs.
There is nothing better than pizza and hot dogs all in one! As a result, it was only natural for me to try and combine their love of pizza and hot dogs into one delicious meal.
Quick and Easy To Prepare!
Preparation of these pizza hot dogs takes only about 15 minutes in total, and they are super easy to prepare as well!
This recipe is a great tailgate recipe that you should try if you are looking for something quick and easy!
The Best of Both Worlds!
These Pizza Hot Dogs give you the best of both worlds in one delicious package!
There are a variety of toppings that can be substituted with the traditional toppings on pizza, such as marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni, in place of the traditional toppings that normally include ketchup, mustard, and relish.
There isn’t a better thing in the world than a classic hot dog. They are a favorite choice in our household because they are always hot and full of all-American flavors that make them a favorite choice for the entire family.
Whether you need a great tailgate party snack to offer to your guests, or just a busy weeknight meal for the family, these Pizza Hot Dogs will fit the bill nicely.
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 hot dogs, pre-cooked via your preferred cooking/grilling method
- 4 strips string cheese, split lengthwise in half
- ½ c. marinara or pizza sauce
- 24 pepperoni slices
- ½ c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Any other typical pizza toppings you love
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Slice each hot dog 2/3 of the way down lengthwise to make a pocket for the string cheese.
- Slice each strip cheese strip in half lengthwise.
- Place each half-strip of strip cheese into the sliced pocket of each hot dog.
- Place each prepared hot dog into a hot dog bun.
- Add 2 Tbsp. marinara sauce to each hot dog.
- Top hot dogs with shredded mozzarella.
- Top with pepperoni and/or other toppings desired.
- Bake in a 350° F. oven for 5 – 10 minutes or until toppings are heated and cheese is melted.
Note: If you pile on lots of additional toppings,additional bake time may be needed, although putting on too many toppings runs the risk of the hot dog buns being burnt. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you limit the number of toppings to 2 or 3, to allow for quick heating time.
When it comes to topping my hotdogs, it’s not uncommon for me to do the same thing every single time I eat one. Folks, I assure you that what I just said is true.
When it comes to condiments, I am a mustard and ketchup kind of girl. As far as condiments are concerned, these are pretty much reliable condiments that pair well with just about anything, but one day, I felt like switching things up a bit and decided to try something new.
With the blink of an eye, I was able to create a snack that would totally change the game – these deliciously saucy Pizza Hot Dogs.
Although hot dogs may not seem like the kind of snack that can be improved, when they are served with a dash of pizza sauce, pepperoni, and plenty of cheese, they will surely be transformed into the sort of snack that will be a huge hit at all of your parties.
They are also perfect for tailgating during the football season, as they make a great recipe for tailgating!
Use Your Favorite Toppings!
Feel free to add whatever you like to the top of this pizza, whether it is vegetables, jalapenos, cured meats, or anything else you fancy adding, there is no limit to what you can put on it!
It was a great success at my last barbecue to serve the Pizza Hot Dogs, since the toppings and cheese that were added to them made them extremely filling, which was one of the reasons why they were a big hit.
If you wish to cook these for a midweek meal, I would highly recommend that you get your children involved in the preparation process if you want to do so.
In fact, my little ones enjoyed helping me make this recipe a lot, and it doesn’t have anything complicated about it that you should worry about from a safety standpoint if you’re making it with kids.
Pizzas made with hot dog buns are absolutely delicious! I think it’s safe to say that you can go nuts with this one!
Why You Should Give Pizza Hot Dogs A Try:
- You will love pizza hot dogs for a number of reasons, but the main reason is the fact that they are so simple to make that they can be made in a matter of minutes.
- These are the perfect picks for a garden party or a barbecue, no matter what the occasion might be.
- Involving kids in the process is a great way to get them involved and to make the project fun.
- It is easy to give them a new spin by adding alternative toppings to them in order to make them more interesting.
- There is something great about them because they ensure that you are able to eat them wherever you are.
Tailgate Pizza Hot Dog Recipe!