I’m going to share with you an easy slow cooker/crockpot recipe for adobo chicken that can be prepared in just a very short amount of time.
You will find that by using this Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo dish, you will be able to change up the menu for your weekly dinners quite easily.
Slow Cooker Adobo Chicken With Bok Choy!
In this sauce, there are a number of flavorful ingredients that can be enjoyed that go well with steamed vegetables and rice, including soy sauce, garlic, and tangy vinegar.
If you are a fan of tender chicken, then I am sure that you will love this recipe.
It is easy to make perfectly cooked thighs every time you use the slow cooker. This is a slow braised chicken with a delicious sauce of vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and bay leaves that is slowly braised until it is absolutely tender and falls off the bone when you bite into it.
The following recipe for chicken adobo in the slow cooker is a classic recipe that can easily be prepared a day in advance and tastes even better the day after.
Please find the recipe below, which includes a full list of ingredients and detailed instructions on how to make it!
Crockpot Adobo Chicken Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Serves: 6 – 8
2 onions, sliced
4 cloves garlic, mashed
2/3 c. apple cider vinegar
1/3 c. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 bay leaf
Ground black pepper, to taste
8 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
2 tsp. paprika
1 large head Bok choy, cut into 1-inch strips
2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 8 hoursTotal Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
Here is a very easy slow cooker/crockpot recipe for adobo chicken that you can throw together in just a very short amount of time! You will find that this Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo dish is the perfect way to vary the menu for your weekly dinners.
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2/3 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 large head Bok choy, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a slow cooker/crockpot, add sliced onion, mashed garlic, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, bay leaf, ground black pepper, chicken thighs, and paprika.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Add Bok choy to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high setting for 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles and/or steamed vegetables, garnish with sliced green onion, and enjoy!